Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Post, Where do I begin?

Who is this guy and how did he get here?. well I am a 46 year old caucasian male, who has discovered late in life that he has almost nothing left. and it ALL began on March 19th, 2007. well it really began in Aug of 1998.but first a little history lesson. For most of my adult life, I was something of a "lost soul". I had a pretty messed up childhood, and have always been something of a "loner". I have always had terrible luck with women, and issues with "confidence" and "finding my place in the World". ( there will be plenty of details on this stuff to follow). I drifted from one job to the next. nothing ever lasted long term. the longest one lasted nearly 2 years. In Aug of 98, things FINALLY changed for the better in ways I never expected. an old friend from High School (actually Jr HS), came back into my life and helped me in a way I NEVER dreamed possible. I was hired by a MAJOR NY retailer and my whole world changed. in under 2 years I went from 0 to making over 65k. I had savings, for the 1st time in my LIFE. I had credit!, I moved out of the hellish, windowless "no pets allowed" basement I had been trapped in for 11 years and INTO a bright, sunny, air conditioned UPSCALE building that had a TERRACE,! I adopted 2 cats that I still have today, and the future seemed finally to be brighter. I hit the "jackpot"! and I could not have been happier! I finally found not only a REAL job with a paycheck to match, I found the confidence that had eluded me for 30 years. and I EVEN found some friends. I worked harder and longer than I had ever worked in my life. over 50 hours a week sometimes. nothing was going to stop me. I made my share of mistakes, (nobody is perfect), I was often the king of "bending the rules". and I have a big mouth, and a very sarcastic sense of humor. I even got fired once for 3 days. but in the end I always seemed to "rise like the Phoenix" and come back somewhat humbled and always willing to "suck it up". and move on. and for the 1st time in my life I woke up on day and had almost perfect credit, a 401k, and was celebrating 5 years at the place that I really, truly believed was going to last. "for the rest of your life", so where did ir all go so terribly wrong? that will be my next entry. but on March 19th 2007 I left work as an Employee for the very last time. 2 days later, in the Store I loved above all other locations I had worked in for over 8 years, I was terminated around 9AM. and the nightmare began. and slowly, EVERY trace of who I had become was ripped away as if it had never happened.and 4 years later I am back at less than Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment