Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nothing EVER is simple in My World.

There is a long list of "stories" in my life that I could share here and a few of them will eventually
"make the cut" I am sure, but in the last few days, it has happened AGAIN!, and this little "incident"
just so perfectly encapsulates everything in my World, I figure it's as good an example as any.
I mentioned earlier, that I have become "friendly" with "Media Personality" Leslie Gold, known to most
for her 10 Year career on New York Radio, and nationally syndicated on Sirius. well earlier this week
Ms Gold "made me an offer I could not refuse".
she offered to pay me to help her on a new TV Pilot she is shooting that will revolve around her and her
boyfriend Rock Drummer Legend Carmine Appice, (Carmine has worked for those unaware, with every famous group on the planet, Led Zepplin , Rod Stewart, Ozzy, you name it he has worked with them).
The offer was rather simple. the job sounded simple and even had some potential entertainment value.
Be careful what you wish for. nothing is ever that easy, when you are me.
the job requires that I go through an undetermined amount of video footage, log what is in each clip,and move on. simple right.? I see a paycheck here that can help me get caught up to date on some major outstanding bills. a chance to help out someone I like, a way to kill a lot of free time, and make money, so naurally it is an easy "no brainer" to say yes!
Yesterday, on a beautiful NYC afternoon, I took a long stroll down Broadway on the Upper West Side
to her building. I stopped for lunch at an old favorite of mine and had a great burger and the most tasty Waffle Fries on Earth let alone in New York. and picked up an external hard drive from her doorman as she is not in the City at the moment. I stopped at the supermarket, picked up a few things and came home.
Plugged in hard drive, Strike one. it is formatted to MAC,
uh oh, what now? I wracked my brain. only 2 people I know have MACS. one is far away, the other has one that is only used by his wife, and only used by her for work. it is also "difficult" to get this party on the phone 9 out 9x. so I decided to "consult" with the closest person I knew who might know what to do here.( as well as someone who actually responds to texts/phone calls in a timely fashion. there are not many of those in my little corner of Hell. a lot of people avoid me for some odd reason.) I was not even aware that among the several computers he had this person had a MAC.! YAY! I was just looking for advice! so I went all the way back to Manhattan, and it took about an hour. but He fit ONE of the many,many many files onto a flash, we tested it to make sure it worked. problem solved! and I got to "catch up" with a friend I had not seen recently.
Nothing is easy. when you are me. I wake up the next day. I plug in the Flash drive, I open the files, and BAM Strike 2! they play at a speed that makes "SLOW motion" look like FAST FORWARD, and the HD Video they were shot in makes VHS look like Blu Ray. 6 hours later, after many experiments and false starts. the answer to my dilemma comes in a phone call from another party.
MY USB port is much too slow, as is the Flash Drive, I must transfer all the files to my hard drive, (this is in progress as I type this). the 9GB will take 2.5 hours, it will fill my screen with 58-60 icons. but they WILL play normally when this is done I am told. I will than have to delete all from my hard drive, and repeat this process over and over till the project  is completed. (STRIKE 3, your out!),
Lord knows, I have enough time to complete this project, and BOY do I need the money these days
so nobody reading this should view this as a complaint. I am very blessed that Leslie, Scott and Kevin all pitched right in to help me out. but Lord help me!. I had no idea how involved it would become all because my computer is a few years old. .this combined with the summaries involved, this..gonna take a while longer than I expected... ONLY in MY world..and so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment