Thursday, June 2, 2011

So, that's where we are Today, and How we got there, What Now?

That is where we are today, and how we got there.
the question now, is what does the future hold?, How, do I get out of this mess before it escalates any further
and I"become a statistic"?
obviously, I need a job. and I need one yesterday,I realized long ago one job would probably never be enough to keep a roof over my head. NY State is of little to no help,. I spoke to them not long ago. I asked them if, based on my current income, was I eligible for any type of additional programs, or any type of "assistance".
the answer I got was far more frightening than a mere "no".
The State of NY, (aka Welfare), pays a "Single Individual with NO Children", 178.00 EVERY TWO WEEKS.
that is not a typo. I currently receive DOUBLE what I would get should it ever come to the point where I am forced to apply for Welfare. (needless to say, I also do not qualify for any other type of help, just to be clear).
every month, there are 3 bills that need to be paid.
1) Cablevision. (99.06 including tax) this is the least expensive and most cost effective package available. and it encompasses the internet. and a land line that I do not even know the number for.they are not a huge problem to cover. ( you can, I have discovered, remain perpetually 30 days behind and not be turned off. do not attempt to go 33 or so. you will be shut off.) cut it off? cant do it,.need TV. especially if I am home all day. as I mostly am. web is vital. and dropping phone saves nothing and in fact inflates the cost, (they want everyone on this package for some reason I guess)
2) Con Edison. it averages about 90.00. you can drag them out forever as I have found, but when you do,
you amass a huge bill,. go on a "special arrangement as I have 2x, and must pay them on time and in full to maintain the "agreement".
3). Sprint. also around 90.00 like cable, I am on the least expensive plan possible, I could at best,
save maybe 15.00 or less, returning to my old non-Android phone. and have been thinking of doing this,
I also have an outstanding balance and have a "special arrangement" going on with them, that like Con Ed, is hard to keep current.
in addition I need to buy food at least 2 weeks a month.
all on 168.00 a week. and a 50.00 a week "allowance" given to me each sunday by my uncle.
And so it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment