Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Supervillian!

Every "Great Epic Tale" needs one. This is a small sample of mine.
Batman has The Joker, Superman has Lex Luthor., 007 has Blofeld, "General Hospital" had The Cassidines trying to to freeze the World with a"Weather machine," Days of our Lives" has Stefano Dimera"."Harry Potter" has Voldemort, Star Wars, has Darth Vader.
The man I am about to tell you about? they all.. PALE by comparison,
I am speaking here of the "late and lamented by NOBODY, Silvio".
where the HELL do I begin on this one?
many years and many traumatic moments, a good amount of Whiskey and an overwhelming desire to forget this man ever existed in my life has obscured a lot of the worst memories I could dredge up,
but He did. And hard as I may try,  this   EVIL Disgusting Mutant / Animal of a so-called" Human Being", sometimes haunts me to this day.And Nothing any "well meaning person" said could seperate Rosemarie Gaffney (my Mom) from this pathetic loser..
This is a "Man," who in  no particular order, once told me I was "a cancerous disease who was put on this planet to cause other people misery" at age 12/14, and that I would "die alone and unloved in a gutter",
 who dangled a helpless cat over a 3rd floor balcony, who took pleasure from destroying my comic book collection and every poster on my walls and leaving the pile of shredded paper in my bedroom for me to clean up, who, I was afraid to bring home the few friends I had because "who knew?" what kind of mood he might be in that day when he arrived home?, I can "date" my earliest memories of him around 75 or so,
I vividly recall seeing "Return of The Pink Panther" with him and Mom at a theatre in Yonkers that has since become a
"burned out eyesore" not far from a building I lived in recently.
I also recall how not long after he became a "live in gigolo", he took over MY bedroom, (I moved into the living room,and slept on the sofa, dont ask how/why) and once he was "in the door" HE NEVER left.
so many stories. is the internet big enough for all of them.? is ANY blog big enough for all of them?
I cant say for sure, but the next entry will try to conjure up as many as I can recall. what I remember most about him? is the feeling in the pit of my gut as a kid when I heard "that sound" of the door being unlocked when he came home drunk night after night, as he went on yet ANOTHER tirade, the sound of anything in his path being destroyed, the endless visits by the Cops, and more than a few memorable "quotes" from this sick fucker.  more to come. and so it goes......

No comments:

Post a Comment